Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ikh darf es vi a lokh in kop


(Yiddishe for "I need this like a hole in the head")


Some yutz wrote an email to one of the local media fleet car service companies claiming to be an acquaintance of mine and advising the reader that I was a great big phony and didn't really write for the publication I claim to write for. Furthermore, according to this shmendrik, I didn't write for anyone at all and just like joyriding in media fleet cars. A link was provided to this here blog, as evidence that I was some kind of BLOGGER and not a real auto journo.

Here's what Mr. Stupid doesn't know:

The recipient of that email contacted me right away. The recipient of that email knows me, my work, and my editor at the publication for whom I am a regular contributor.

My editor, having talked with the email recipient, wrote me a note on an email correspondence we had regarding my upcoming review of the 2009 Ford Flex. He wrote: "Do you know a [Asshole's Pseudonym]?"

The recipient of that email provided me with the 2009 Ford Flex. To date, this is the only vehicle I have used from either of the media fleet car services in town.

I have a record of every single ISP that visits this site and, if I so desired, could hunt the little sucker down and threaten him with libe/defamation/online harassment charges, or something.

Let's see, someone local, who works in the biz, with an axe to grind, who probably resents my intrusion into their free car scam. Yeah, I have a pretty good idea who this is. And I think public humiliation is enough punishment.

More importantly, I really dig the Ford Flex and will report back on this blog on it, just as soon as I am finished writing my contracted review for a major automotive publisher. Oh, and all the time I need to spend being a great big phony, of course!

No comments: