Thursday, March 27, 2008

Hello Again, Gorgeous!

Many cars were on display at the 2008 Denver Auto Show, including the Chevy Volt concept, the Hyundai Genesis production model, Car of the Year Audi R8 and a slew of hybrid this-and-thats and a smattering of Italian supercars. None could compete with the lovely Corvette ZR1, my million-dollar baby.

It's good to see the revamped and focused new Denver Auto Show and I'm grateful that I was granted access to the cars and the manufacturer's reps. Oh yes, there were rich dinners at fancy-pants eateries, hosted by those reps. Nicer still is the chance to talk one-on-one with engineers with the insider-ist of knowledge and getting face time with PR managers helps make future contacts immeasurably better.

I think I have a horrible condition: something about fine cuisine and rare wine gives me Loudmouth Horribulis. Normally professional and soft-spoken, all it takes is a perfect sirloin and a delicious Malbec and suddenly I'm Fran Drescher in full roar.

...And I didn't have to travel to this show, stay in an overpriced hotel room, and struggle with the GPS in a strange city. It all came right to me this time and yes, it was good.

Photo by Joshua T. Bekerman Photography, who had the audacity to fart in the ZR1's front seat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.